Date: October 4th-7th 2021
Demand for fossil fuels will likely never return to its pre-pandemic levels. Coal’s share of the global energy supply fell to 27% in 2018, the lowest in 15 years. Oil futures also slumped heavily before mounting a recovery from May 2020. Now, the world is in the midst of an energy shock that has the potential to speed up the shift to a more sustainable economy with energy companies in the driving seat. Can they reinvent themselves to lead the change and rewrite the energy narrative, or will they fail to adapt and cause the transition to lag?
Only an energy transition that is fast and widespread will give the world a chance to keep global warming in check and meet a growing energy need. Within 30-50 years, at least 90% of the world’s energy produced from fossil fuels will need to be provided by renewable, clean energy sources.
Future of Energy Week invites more than 1500 policymakers, energy experts, business leaders, and scientists to explore the complexities of the changes required in Asia, and debate key issues at the intersection of business, society and government.
Over the course of four days energy leaders from across the region will come scientists to break down the concept of energy transition, consider the issues that need to be overcome and explore what a change in the energy system means for Asia and the world.
Discussions will address the most pressing issues in relation to the global energy transition including:
- How are businesses adapting to a changing energy landscape?
- How can they power their operations and sustain growth in a low carbon economy?
- What are the latest trends in clean technology and who will pay?
- What are the risks and how quickly can businesses make transition to clean energy solutions?
- What is the place of oil and gas in Asia’s energy transition?
- How are energy companies transforming their businesses for a new energy era?
- What strategies do they need to adopt and how are businesses adapting to the changing competitive landscape?
And much more
For more information visit >> https://bit.ly/3h7aYCB
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3qIggrf
For further enquiry, please email us at [email protected]