Subscribers to Clean Energy Pipeline’s data services receive access to our searchable financial transaction databases and directories of clean energy projects and organisations. These are updated in real time and managed by a dedicated team of data analysts. All data is inputted, verified and validated internally.
The datasets provide users with indispensable insight and data for a range of purposes from strategic planning and market & competitive analysis to target identification for business development and investment trend analysis.
Clean Energy Pipeline’s online searchable deal databases cover the following transactions:
- Green Bonds – Issuances of debt securities for green and sustainability purposes.
- Project Finance – Debt, equity and government funding of renewable energy projects, manufacturing plants, infrastructure, carbon capture and storage projects as well as information on owners, developers, equipment supplier, power purchasers, and legal/financial/technical advisers.
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) – Corporate and private equity M&A transactions, including detailed valuation metrics produced in-house by our data team.
- Equity Capital Markets – investments from angel funding, venture capital, private equity to IPO, follow-on public offering and convertible note issuance.
We continuously update and grow our database with new organisations, projects and financial transactions. By 2020, our datasets now comprise:
M&A Transactions Since 2007
Project Finance Investments since 2007
Green Bond Issuances Since 2007
Equity Capital Markets Deals Since 2007
Clean Energy Projects across 150+ Countries
Organisations Active in the Clean Energy Sector
Source of information
Financial transactions and project announcements/updates are tracked from various sources of information such as press releases, deal announcements, annual & quarterly reports, prospectuses and deal submissions emailed directly to us by corporates, investors and advisers.
Data submission & feedback
Clean Energy Pipeline encourages corporates, project sponsors, law firms, financial advisers, technical consultants, equity investors and debt providers to submit deal activity to our deal data team on a regular basis.
We also take every care to ensure that the data on Clean Energy Pipeline is accurate; however, if you spot an inaccuracy please contact us.
All data submission and feedback emails should be sent to [email protected].
Clean energy sectors
Clean Energy Pipeline tracks investment and financing activities in the following clean energy sectors:
- AI / Blockchain / IoT
- Biofuels (Biodiesel and Ethanol)
- Biomass & waste-to-energy (Forestry crops and wood waste; Energy crops; Agricultural residue; Food waste; and Industrial waste)
- Emission Control & Carbon Capture & Storage
- Energy efficiency (Residential; Commercial & Industrial and Transport Energy Efficiency)
- Energy Storage
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Remediation & Safety
- Fuel cells
- Green hydrogen
- Green transportation (Electric vehicles and EV charging solutions)
- Grid infrastructure (Smart grid and Transmission lines)
- Marine (Tidal and Wave)
- Recycling & waste treatment
- Solar (Solar Photovoltaic and Solar thermal)
- Water & waste water treatment
- Wind (Onshore wind and Offshore wind)
Organisation type and industry sector taxonomies
Organisations in our database are categorised into one of the following types based on their primary business activity.
- Accounting firm
- Asset management company
- Company (non pure-play clean energy)
- Company (pure-play clean energy)
- Education / research institution
- Family office / foundation
- Infrastructure fund manager
- Insurance company
- Investment / commercial bank
- Law firm
- Multilateral development bank
- National development bank
- Non-profit organisation
- Pension fund manager
- Public sector & government
- Sovereign wealth fund
- VC / PE fund manager
Clean Energy Pipeline also assigns industry sector to every organisation based on their primary business activity. The industry sector taxonomy is based on the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®).
- Automobiles & Components
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Goods
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Construction & Engineering
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Consumer Staples
- Electrical Equipment
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Independent Power Producer
- Information Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Media & Entertainment
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Public Services
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & IT Services
- Telecommunication Services